- Check out the Fire Poems from Year 2/3 in Belthorn, Lancs., UK
4th July 2009
- This month we have writing from Rosemount,
MN, USA and spring writing from St
Victor, San Jose, CA, USA
- Also new writing in stories, poems, friends, kennings, book
About Me, kennings, haiku,
including writing from Malta, Nigeria, USA, UK, Australia, Hong
Kong, The Netherlands and Singapore
2nd April 2009
24th January 2009
4th November 2008
- More young people's writing added including stories, personification poems, poems, All
About Me, friends, animals, kennings, haiku, teens, book
reviews, and My news,
- Some spells - any more? It's been quiet spellwise this year!
30th September 2008
- Up to date on all writing. If yours hasn't appeared - it may be because it wasn't submitted properly. Did you check it through before you hit send? Was it the very best you could do?
20th August 2008
- More young people's writing added including stories, poems, All
About Me, friends,
animals, haiku, kennings, teens and book
- Lots of stories from Altadena, Arizona and Huntingdon, PA, USA
11th July 2008
27th May 2008
Kids on the Net readers and writers have been asked
to take part in a survey. Leah
is currently researching into Children's TV for Endemol and
She would like to find out what children like
or dislike and what you would like to see on TV.
survey is online here Remember to fill it in safely (you
could use a pen name)!
25th April 2008
27th March 2008
- More young people's writing added including stories, poems,
- Another NEW project for Kids on the Net's TENTH birthday
- as well as TELL
US about being TEN (to which anyone can contribute) - we
now launch Wings -
a random story about flying. Wings - launched at the Education
Show in Birmingham this month - is open only to registered teachers
and their classes. Contact
you would like to be involved.
- All feedback submitted up to 27th March has been added to the
site. Don't forget to check your own writing to see if anyone
has commented! You can find your name here
23rd February 2008
11th January 2008
19th December 2007
15th November 2007
11th November 2007
submission forms are not working at the moment. We are working
to fix this. We have also been having
serious spam problems recently which have delayed publication
and damaged the databases.
We apologise for any inconvenience.
9th July 2007
- All writing submitted to Kids on the Net up to 9 pm BST, 9th
July 2007, has been published.
- More added to poems, stories, All
About Me, book
reviews, writing about friends,
a collection of poems from
Sal in Ohio, USA and some writing
from young people in hospital, from Snow
City Arts, Illinois,
USA and some great dragon
writing from Bristol, UK
26th June 2007
20th June 2007
2nd May 2007
14th April 2007
- More added to stories, poems (including kennings and
haiku) animals, All
About Me, book reviews,
writing about friends,
teen writing, and opinions and
a great collection of poems from
Newport News, Virginia, USA
- All writing submitted up to 13th April has been published.
- If you can't see your piece of writing ask
yourself: did you write, edit and redraft? Did you check that
you had capital letters and punctuation in the right places?
Did you write anything that might upset someone else? Have you
sent us half-finished writing? We only publish finished stories
because it is is annoying as a reader when you can't read the
end! We publish only the best writing. Any professional author
will tell you that the first thing you should do when submitting
your writing for publication is to make sure it is as good as
it can possibly be.
- We are now moved to our new server! Hopefully you will find
the website both faster and more reliable!
- And have you seen the latest Adventure Island submitted by
Millfield School, UK?
Island of Lost Time
18th February 2007
- More added to poems, stories, kennings (lots!),
including some from some pupils
at Temple Guiting, Gloucestershire, UK, animals, All
About Me, book reviews,
writing about friends and
opinions and a collection of poems about the Great
of Fire of London from
some pupils in Warwick, UK.
- All writing submitted up to 17th February has been published.
10th February 2007
- More added to poems, stories, kennings,
haiku, animals, All
About Me, book
reviews, writing about friends and a
classful of great personification poems from Bedworth, UK. Also
a collection of First World War poems from the girls
in Heswall, Wirral, UK
- We are being spammed by someone who keeps adding empty entries
to the database and it's taking me as long to delete them as
it is to edit & approve the real entries. Fighting this -
in my limited spare time - is why we're so behind with putting
writing, for which I apologise. Why anyone would do this I don't
know, but I suspect it's someone in Italy....
23rd November 2006
- Submissions of writing are now being accepted again.
We apologise for the recent non-availability of writing pages.
is now fixed.
- We have a backlog of submissions and apologise for the delay
in putting these up.
- Kids on the Net would be delighted to hear from anyone who
could help us convert the website from ColdFusion into PHP. Contact
7th July 2006
14th June 2006
Some great book reviews added,
including from some 7-year-olds from Forsbrook
in Staffordshire, plus poems, stories,
kennings, writing about friends and All
26th May 2006
13th May 2006
- We have a new home at last! Please make sure all your favorites,
bookmarks and links point to http://www.kidsonthenet.com as the
domain will shortly cease to exist.
- We apologise for the broken links and out of date information
you might find on the website. It's developed hugely over the
last 9 years and we might not have found every mistake before
we moved servers.
- We loook forward to publishing lots of new writing.
- Let us know what you think! Contact Us
3rd December 2005
20th July 2005
3rd May 2005
Additions to the Site
Additions have been made to the site in all areas! Please note
that we will be catching up on the backlog of submissions now the
new site has been launched so please be patient if you don't see
your submission online yet.
©2003-2006 Kids on the Net and the authors
Kids on the Net